Ptosis or sagging breast is an aesthetic problem that concerns many women. It adds insecurity to herself and her sexuality.
If a woman is concerned about this, she is embarrassed in front of her husband or boyfriend, it is worth trying a mammoplasty.
This procedure should not be confused with breast augmentation with implants. The lift aims to eliminate ptosis, giving the female breast a natural elasticity.
What is this procedure like, what is it called?
Breast mammoplasty is called mastopexy.The procedure involves the reshaping of the mammary glands, giving them natural elasticity and attractive appearance, without the use of implants. The operation is performed with minimal surgical intervention under local or general anesthesia.
The degree of ptosis plays an important role in your choice. There are 4 degrees of the disease. Appropriate measurements are taken to make an accurate diagnosis. The degree of flaccidity is determined by the distance from the breast fold to the nipple.
Help!Ptosis is in stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 and is measured by the distance from the breast fold to the nipple. 1-2 cm curvature is considered non-critical and refers to grade 1.
If the nipple is 8 cm or more below the breast fold, grade 4 ptosis is placed here. Surgeons will have to cut a large amount of skin and adipose tissue and, without general anesthesia, this will be impossible.
The breast skin is sensitive to any changes in the body. There is no natural muscle structure underneath to maintain its shape. Therefore, it is difficult to maintain its original shape throughout life. The reasons for changing its shape are:
- A marked increase or decrease in weight.The skin stretched on the chest after weight loss loses its elasticity and becomes flabby.
- Big boobs.Breasts over 3 sizes fall under natural weight.
- Changes in hormonal background.The lack or excess of hormones contributes to the swelling or "distension" of the breast.
- Operations. For example, when a malignant tumor is removed, the glands become asymmetrical. In severe cases, the mammary gland becomes empty and flabby.
- Age.The chest, which lacks muscle support, loses its elasticity in front of the rest of the body.
- Bra adjusted incorrectly.If you don't provide adequate support, the mammary glands will sag over time.
- Breastfeeding.The milk-filled mammary glands can increase 3 to 5 times. After completing breastfeeding, it returns to its original size, but not to its shape.
- Congenital anomalies.Breasts may not develop properly since puberty. The only way out is to correct the shape.
Another problem with sagging breast is that it is usually accompanied by stretch marks and sagging skin.
Mastopexy involves surgical intervention in the body. Any operation has its own indications and contraindications. This type of operation is not prescribed in several cases:
- pregnancy or planning it, as all the results of the operation will disappear;
- less than 12 months after the end of hepatitis B, is how much the mammary glands need to recover from lactation;
- presence of tumors in the thoracic region;
- acute infectious diseases; diabetes mellitus;
- renal failure; cardiovascular dystonia;
- under 18 years old (parental consent and necessary medical emergencies);
- obesity, which is a consequence of metabolic disorders and can cause complications after surgery.
Before deciding on a mastopexy, the positive and possible negative consequences must be weighed.
Breast lift can be performed with or without surgery.In the first case, the tissue excision method is used according to various schemes, the second is the effect on the deep layers of the skin. It should be noted that non-surgical methods are more used to prevent ptosis or in its early stages. Operational interventions help to solve the problem in more advanced cases.
Small areas of skin are incised on the side of the breast.Endoscope and instruments are introduced through them. The tissue is excised from the inside out, so the surgery after healing will be invisible.
This is one of the most expensive types of mastopexy. The success of this procedure depends on the qualification and experience of the doctor who performs the operation. But the result will remain unchanged for 10-15 years. Endoscopic mastopexy can eliminate ptosis of any severity.
During thisoperation, the doctor cuts off excess tissue around the areola.In this way, you can not only contract the mammary glands, but also change the diameter of the nipple. Traces after surgery and healing become invisible.
Among the cons, there is a possible impact on breastfeeding. In addition, it is used only with 1 and 2 degrees of sagging. After surgery, some patients noticed loss of nipple sensation.
During surgery, the surgeon makes incisions above the breast and along the edges to lift the nipple.This method requires minimal intervention in the structure of the mammary glands and practically causes no complications and maintains the natural shape of the breast. It can also help to shrink the nipple.
This method is used in the early stages of ptosis. It cannot be used if there are already scars on the chest. In addition, it will not help in breasts with severe sagging.
Indicated for severe ptosis or large breasts that are uncomfortable. Thesurgery makes an inverted T anchor or incision in the chest.The surgeon then cuts off the excess tissue and the bottom is pulled up.
The operation has a pronounced aesthetic effect, it can be repeated until the patient is satisfied with the result. The disadvantages include the application of a large number of cuts. This increases the rehabilitation period and can cause complications.
This is a relatively new type of breast lift. It is widely used in the West, but in our country there are a small number of clinics with the necessary equipment.The laser can be used to lift and enlarge the breasts.This does not require the use of a scalpel.
Laser surveying is effective in the early stages of ptosis. It takes about 6 treatments to achieve the desired effect. They are carried out with a minimum interval of 14 days. The procedure does not require the introduction of anesthesia, as it is painless. In some cases, unpleasant sensations may occur.
If the breast has lost its previous elasticity and causes internal discomfort to the woman, doctors recommend a procedure for implanting mesoth threads. Leaves no marks on the skin and has no complications.
Being in the mammary glands, thethreads gradually become covered with adipose tissue and create a supportive effect.The threads continue to work for 6-8 months, after which they absorb completely and do not need to be removed.
Women with grade 1 sagging breast are advised to use non-surgical methods of breast lift. They help to restore the skin's elasticity and restore the mammary glands to their former shape:
- Myostimulation - with the help of electrical impulses sent by the connected electrodes, the skin's elasticity is restored and the stretch marks are eliminated.
- Lipolifting - transplantation of fatty tissue from the abdomen and inner thighs to problematic areas of the chest. 100% guaranteed adipose tissue graft.
- Microcurrents with serums - causes active production of elastin and collagen, accelerates cell renewal, reduces sutures and stretch marks.
The choice of the type of lifting is also influenced by the degree of elongation of the breast skin, its asymmetry and size. The surgeon will assess the general condition and select the safest and most effective option for each individual case.
Preparation for plastic surgery
Before obtaining permission from the surgeon for mammoplasty,should consult other specialists: gynecologist, therapist, mamologist and anesthesiologist.You will also need to pass several tests:
- general and biochemical blood test;
- blood test for diabetes mellitus;
- general analysis of urine;
- analysis for hepatitis, HIV, syphilis;
- Breast ultrasound;
For 14 days before the operation and for the same period after, you must not smoke, drink alcohol, drink drugs that affect blood density, including oral contraceptives. You should also give up intense physical activity. Immediately before the operation, no food should be eaten 12 hours before the operation. You can drink tea or water.
How is this done, is it dangerous?
How is the operation done?Mastopexy is safe.It starts with a chest mark. The surgeon marks the incision sites and areas of the skin to be removed with a marker. Then, the patient receives anesthesia. It can be of several types:
Stages of mastopexy:
- the surgeon makes incisions along the markings;
- further forms the final result and eliminates excess skin and adipose tissue;
- if necessary, the surgeon reduces the circumference of the nipples;
- Then, sutures and antibacterial dressing are applied, drains are placed (read more about what the sutures are and how long they heal after the operation).
Operation duration 1, 5 to 3 hours.
What happens in the postoperative period?
- The patient regains consciousness almost immediately after the operation.Chest pain starts when we recover from anesthesia. The doctor who performed the operation should advise on painkillers and antibiotics that should be taken postoperatively.
- 3 days after the mastopexy, the patient is observed at the hospital.If there are no complications, she will be discharged. The doctor must evaluate the primary result, that is, if the stitches are starting to become tense and if there is asymmetry. After a week, the stitches are removed.
- Edema is observed in the first week after the operation.The chest looks like stone. In the first month, the swelling persists, bruising may appear. After 1-3 months, they disappear completely, you can evaluate the result. During this time, the stitches will heal completely, the edema and bruises will subside.
- Corrective underwear should be worn during the first six months, which will help keep you in shape, use ointments that accelerate skin regeneration. This will help to get through the rehabilitation period more quickly.
- Also, within 6 months after the operation, you should not go to the spa, saunato avoid infecting open sutures. It is forbidden to go to the gym and lift weights - this contributes to the divergence of seams.
Patients who decide to undergo mastopexy should also be aware of possible complications. This includes pain in the area of the mammary glands, bruises and bruises, swelling at the incision sites, inflammation of the tissue and loss of sensation.
Before and after photos
Later in the photo, you will see what a big breast looks like before and after an elevation.
Cost of the procedure
The cost of the service depends on the type of operation, the qualifications of the surgeon and the team, the status of the clinic. The price also includes a training program, purchase of corrective underwear, patches, anesthesia.
Mastopexy is an opportunity for every woman to feel her sexuality and attractiveness again. But, before deciding to take a serious step, you must study the information about this operation, compare the positive aspects and the possible risks, and only then make the final decision.
Mammoplasty is a type of surgery that corrects the shape and size of the breast. The specialist changes the contour, the volume of the mammary glands, the shape of the nipples and areolas.