Mammoplasty is considered one of the most popular plastic surgeries in the world. Why do women do this? It is difficult to answer this question unequivocally. Some believe that nature has not rewarded them with a sufficiently lush bust, others want to quickly restore their former shape after giving birth and breastfeeding.
German scientists recently conducted a survey among patients at cosmetic surgery clinics and discovered the main reasons that lead women to undergo surgery without fear.
- "I'm a mother of three and I've fed them all breast milk. As a result, my breasts have fallen out a lot, and their skin has stretched out. "
- "I've been very fat since I was a kid and now I've finally lost weight. I've been on a diet a long time ago, but I didn't have time to play sports. So the breasts were as ugly as they were. "
- "Several years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. The right breast was removed. I don't like the inlay prosthesis. I want to be a real woman. "
- "My breasts are very small and I was constantly teased at school about it. I still feel insecure as a girl and as a result I have big problems with my personal life. I know that when I enlarge my breasts, everything will change. "
- "This is my last hope of having beautiful, firm breasts. I tortured myself for a long time, I did special exercises and even drank medicine, but it was all useless. The operation is better. "
- "Men love big breasts. After the operation, my chances of getting a successful marriage will be much higher. I'm sure I'll find a better job than now. "
- "By nature, the left breast is bigger than the right. This is terribly ugly. It's hard for me to choose underwear, and I'm embarrassed to undress in front of a loved one. "
These are just the most popular answers. According to the study, the average age of women seeking a plastic surgeon is steadily decreasing. Almost half of patients are young women under 25 years of age. Interestingly, around 3% of respondents are girls under 20 years of age. Why mammoplasty is necessary at such an early age is a mystery. After all, the breast is still growing at this time and may well acquire the desired volume and shape.
Medical Causes of Breast Enlargement
- Improve the shape of the mammary glands after losing weight very quickly. The chest sinks, decreases in volume, ugly streaks appear on the skin. Silicone implants give the breast a beautiful shape, making it firm and plump.
- During pregnancy, due to hormonal changes in the body, the breast increases significantly, and after breastfeeding, on the contrary, it becomes "deflated" markedly. A mammoplasty performed 1 to 1, 5 years after delivery helps restore the breasts to their former shape.
- As a result of the disruption of the hormonal system, the breast may not grow or form properly. In these cases, mammoplasty is recommended.
- The absence of one or both breasts could be due to a mastectomy (complete removal of the breast). Angelina Jolie, who decided to have a mastectomy due to her high risk of developing cancer, can be cited as a notable example. All breast tissue was removed for the actress and implants were installed. The only thing reminiscent of this are small scars under her breasts. Needless to say, both operations had no negative impact on his appearance and career.
When is mammoplasty strictly contraindicated?
- The breasts are not fully formed yet. The ideal age for operation is 18 to 50 years.
- You suffer from breast disease. Surgery can cause serious complications.
- You have little subcutaneous fat.
- The rib cage is severely deformed and scarred.
- The mammologist and surgeon concluded negatively about the result of your exam. If an expert has turned you down, then there is a serious reason for that. There is no need to look for another plastic surgeon.
Some useful tips
If you decide to have a mammoplasty, listen to the following recommendations. Maybe they can help you make the right choice.
- According to statistics, breast augmentation is one of the safest plastic surgeries. The risk of complications is less than 5%. Of course, as long as the mammoplasty was performed by a highly qualified surgeon. A good clinic and a reputable doctor are the guarantee of an excellent result.
- Very large breasts may not match your physique. Before the operation, think carefully about the breast size you really need.
- Postoperative edema and bruises disappear for a long time. During this period, you will need support from family and friends. Also, for the first time after a mammoplasty, you will have to wear special underwear and follow all the surgeon's recommendations.